UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is the United Nations agency responsible for the protection, care and human development of a population of some 4.7 million Palestine refugees living in the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, Jordan, Lebanon and the Syrian Arab Republic. UNRWA is committed to assisting Palestine refugees in maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 29,000 staff. Most of these staff is refugees themselves, working directly to benefit their communities - as teachers, doctors, nurse or social workers. UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Assistant Professor (Measurement & Evaluation)
Vacancy Announcement Number
Fixed Term Appointment
3 years including 1 year of probation
Monthly Salary JD 849 & 800 Fils. Plus SOA 268.600 fils of basic salary. Other benefits include Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency), medical insurance. Dependency benefits are subject to eligibility.
Faculty of Educational Sciences & Arts (FESA)
11 June 2013
Deadline for Applications
24 June 2013
Place in the Organisation
Is responsible to the Dean of the Faculty of Educational Sciences and Arts. Supervises such other staff as may be assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
A staff member in the above classification is responsible for implementing the established curriculum for the faculty, teaching, conducting research, providing community service, guiding and counselling students and participating in the smooth running and management of the faculty. Specifically he performs the following duties:
- Teaching and leading instructional activities specified in the approved curriculum and in the faculty by-laws. Such activities include lecturing, leading seminars, individual and group tutorials, writing and correcting examinations, correcting papers and reports and conducting and supervising evaluation activities.
- Planning, organizing, conducting and supervising practice-teaching activities for faculty students and teacher-trainees enrolled in the pre-service and in service teacher training programmes;
- Planning, organizing, conducting and supervising research activities designed, each in his perspective field of specialisation, to promote knowledge and improve teaching-learning practices in general and in UNRWA educational establishment in particular;
- Guiding and counselling, students and teacher-trainees in educational matters such as educational needs, study plans, selection of courses, evaluation of progress, advice in making educational decisions;
- Guiding and counseling, students and teacher-trainees in personal matters related to educational adjustment to the faculty requirements such as study habits, peer relations, social stress, personal adjustment;
- Planning, organising conducting and supervising community service programmes to serve and develop local Palestinian communities in cooperation with faculty students and teacher-trainees, as well as other concerned UNRWA establishments and community organizations;
- Promotion and improvement of educational thought and practices at large and in UNRWA educational establishments sin particular, through the active engagement and participation in scholarly activities, professional and academic organizations, conferences and meetings designed to enhance academic and professional competencies of university and college professors;
- Participating in the planning and management of the faculty through faculty council meetings, departmental meetings, committees, special groups, work task-force and in any other capacity the faculty deems necessary; participates in reviewing and adjusting faculty curriculum as and when required;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- A PhD. in the required subject of specialisation from an accredited and recognized university or higher education institution.
- Written scholarly work such as the publication of books, manuscripts, research work and articles in recognized publication forums or refereed scientific journals published by higher education institutions, research centres or internationally known publication houses.
- Some experience in post secondary teaching and practice teaching is required for appointment in the faculty.
- Very Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Pervious experience in teaching at the basic and/or secondary level.
- Demonstrated competency in preparing curriculum enrichment/self – learning materials
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the Field Director may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. First priority will be given to fully qualified staff members; second priority to fully qualified external Palestine refugee applicants. An internal candidate with a temporary-indefinite or fixed-term appointment selected for this post will retain his/her current contractual status and entitlements in accordance with current letter of appointment and applicable Area Staff Rules.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff is expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staffs are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
أشهد ان لا اله الا الله .. وأن محمدا رسول الله
الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)