UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is the United Nations agency responsible for the protection, care and human development of a population of some 4.7 million Palestine refugees living in the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, Jordan, Lebanon and the Syrian Arab Republic. UNRWA is committed to assisting Palestine refugees in maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 29,000 staff. Most of these staff is refugees themselves, working directly to benefit their communities - as teachers, doctors, nurse or social workers. UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Field Administrative Services Officer – Re-Advertised
For Internal Candidates Only
Vacancy Announcement Number
Fixed Term Appointment
3 years including 1 year of probation
Monthly Salary JD 849.800 Fils. Other benefits include Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency), medical insurance and annual leave. Dependency allowance is subject to eligibility.
Jordan Field Office
20 June 2013
Deadline for Applications
26 June 2013
Place in the Organisation
The incumbent of this post reports to the Field Administration Officer, and is responsible for effective planning, organization, operational planning, management and day to day administration of the Administrative Services Division, including guarding system, travel, office equipment and maintenance, mail and diplomatic pouch, cleaning, canteen, messengers and telecommunication services, and management of lease agreements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures:‑
- Supervises, planning, management and coordination of security and safety of Field installations by:
- Ensuring the effective anticipation of security guards staffing requirements, training needs, and the provision of appropriate training programs;
- Ensuring that investigations and inquiries on behalf of Administration into incidents related to security and safety breaches affecting Field personnel and properties are professionally conducted;
- Ensuring the timely acquisition, maintenance, deployment and control of appropriate equipment for the guard force;
- Ensuring the implementation of safety measures and procedures to prevent and treat the outbreak of fire in UNRWA installations.
- Coordinates and manages all lease agreements on behalf of the Field Office and arranges payments for the rented premises. Prepares contracts and handles service delivery during conferences and meetings in the Field Office, where necessary;
- Supervises travel arrangements for official duty travel including purchasing tickets, issuance of ID cards, obtainment of clearances, UNLPs, and where necessary liaises with foreign missions with a view to expediting visa requests and with the local authorities regarding facilitation of travel of the Field staff; assists in handling shipment of household effects of international staff.
- Controls and supervises the maintenance of the field office equipment, and provides an effective supplies and stationery support system, incorporating requisition, receipt, storage, issues and the management and maintenance of non-catalogue inventory for the department;
- Coordinates the annual plan proposed by FECSO on the implementation of the repairs and maintenance of Field Office premises, carries out routine inspections as may be required;
- Directs and supervises the operation of the mail room, including the preparation of outgoing diplomatic pouch, registration of incoming and outgoing mail and distribution of incoming mail and pouches;
- Monitors usage of all telephone communications, including hand held radios, landline and mobile phones, and settlement of bills, analyses their efficiency and cost effectiveness and recommends to supervisor improvements as may be required;
- Directs and supervises the preparation of the Administrative Services biennium budget and periodic budget reviews, monitors expenditures and recommends necessary adjustments as required;
- Conducts verification of all Field installations and maintains a list thereof; liaises with the Engineering and Construction Services Division with regard to damages and ensures that reports are prepared and submitted for subsequent action by the management as required;
- Manages office space allocation;
- Prepares periodic and special reports as required;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- A university degree in business administration or public administration or a related field;
- At least four years of progressively responsible professional experience in managing administrative services in a large organization, including a minimum of two years in a supervisory capacity.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills and ability to establish and maintain working relationships in a multi-cultural environment;
- Proven ability to perform at the supervisory level with minimal direct supervision;
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, and ability to work under deadlines and handle multiple concurrent activities, prioritizing activities and assignments;
- Good communicator in both spoken and written English, including ability to draft/edit a variety of written reports and other studies, and ability to articulate ideas in a clear and concise style;
- Ability to identify clients’ needs and offer appropriate solutions and establish and maintain productive partnership with clients.
- Practical working knowledge of the UN administrative policies, procedures and systems;
- A complete in-depth knowledge of administrative principles and practices;
- Formal training in security and safety measures;
- Practical knowledge of financial management and budgetary control.
- Possession of a valid driving license;
- Willingness to work beyond regular working hours.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the Field Director may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal candidates. An internal candidate with a temporary-indefinite or fixed-term appointment selected for this post will retain his/her current contractual status and entitlements in accordance with current letter of appointment and applicable Area Staff Rules.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff is expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staffs are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
أشهد ان لا اله الا الله .. وأن محمدا رسول الله
الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)