UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is the United Nations agency responsible for the protection, care and human development of a population of some 4.7 million Palestine refugees living in the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, Jordan, Lebanon and the Syrian Arab Republic. UNRWA is committed to assisting Palestine refugees in maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 29,000 staff. Most of these staff is refugees themselves, working directly to benefit their communities - as teachers, doctors, nurse or social workers. UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Area Loan Supervisor at Microfinance Department
for Jarash Area
Vacancy Announcement Number
Fixed Term Appointment with one year probation
1year contract (extendable)
Monthly Salary JD 773 & 500 Fills. Other benefits include Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency), medical insurance and 30 days of annual leave. Dependency benefits are subject to eligibility.
23 June 2013
Deadline for Applications
06 July 2013
Place in the Organisation
Is responsible to the Branch Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and monitors the activities of the Credit Extension Assistants of branch office (not less than six and up to 10) ensuring that they meet their work schedules, properly monitor their clients and meet an acceptable standard of productivity and repayment rate;
- Trains credit extension staff and provides technical advice and guidance through regular meetings and revision of their activities;
- Promotes the programme in designated region of responsibility and finds new market opportunities for additional outreach;
- Ensures that approved borrowers comply with all the necessary legal procedures and complete their obligations to provide post-dated cheques to guarantee the loan;
- Visits the business of the applicants to evaluate their assets, working capital requirements, reputation and reliability and makes recommendation as appropriate;
- Follows up due and late repayments with Credit Extension Assistants, through group meetings and individual counseling, in order to solve credit and performance problems in the field ;
- Prepares monthly progress and performance repots in the area s/he supervises;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Accountancy, Economics, Business Administration, or other related discipline;
- Training in sales, marketing, finance, community or economic development;
- Ability to operate standard computer software used by the Agency;
- Three years of experience in management, administration or development of the financial administration of loan programme.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Experience in income generation activity and revolving loan schemes;
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the Director of UNRWA Operations may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. First priority will be given to fully qualified staff members; second priority to fully qualified external Palestine refugee applicants. An internal candidate with a temporary-indefinite or fixed-term appointment selected for this post will retain his/her current contractual status and entitlements in accordance with current letter of appointment and applicable Area Staff Rules.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff is expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staffs are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
أشهد ان لا اله الا الله .. وأن محمدا رسول الله
الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)