UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is the United Nations agency responsible for the protection, care and human development of a population of some 4.7 million Palestine refugees living in the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, Jordan, Lebanon and the Syrian Arab Republic. UNRWA is committed to assisting Palestine refugees in maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 29,000 staff. Most of these staff is refugees themselves, working directly to benefit their communities - as teachers, doctors, nurse or social workers. UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Vacancy Announcement Number
Limited Duration Contract
1 year Duration
Monthly Salary JD 649 & 200 Fils. Other benefits include compulsory medical insurance, annual leave, and dependency allowance (if applicable).
23 June 2013
Deadline for Applications
06 July 2013
Place in the Organisation
The incumbent of this post will be assigned to work in a school, a health centre or a community center and is responsible to the Psychosocial Supervisor in the location where he/she is assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops a plan of action at the level of his/her functional location and coordinates such actions with UNRWA’s staff therein;
- Provides guidance and counseling to individuals and groups and conducts home visits, as appropriate;
- Coordinates work with contracted NGOs and UNRWA internal partners such as Relief, Health and Protection (CFEP’s input);
- Contributes to the expansion of the network of resources in the community through coordination activities with workers in the psychosocial field;
- Develops and conducts activities to raise the awareness in the community as related to mental health, psychosocial well-being, optimum development of children and adolescents;
- Develops plans for quick crisis intervention, whenever needed, mobilizing if appropriate, programme counselors working in other functional locations in the same region, as well as other resources in the community;
- Prepares monthly reports;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- A university degree in psychology, social work or a related field.
- At least two years of experience in psychosocial counseling.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent counseling skills and ability to work with female and male children,
adolescents, adults and elderly.
- Good knowledge of animation techniques with children.
- Creativity and ability to take initiatives.
- Ability to perform activities such as drawing, painting, music, dancing.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the Director of UNRWA Operations may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. First priority will be given to fully qualified staff members; second priority to fully qualified external Palestine refugee applicants. An internal candidate with a temporary-indefinite or fixed-term appointment selected for this post will retain his/her current contractual status and entitlements in accordance with current letter of appointment and applicable Area Staff Rules.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff is expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staffs are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
أشهد ان لا اله الا الله .. وأن محمدا رسول الله
الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)