UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. For its local team, UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Procurement Coordinator (PIMS)
Vacancy Announcement Number 13-AR-AM-44 Grade Limited Duration Contract (1 year) Deadline for Applications 14 July 2013 Duty Station HQ Amman, Jordan
The incumbent of this post reports to the Head, Procurement Analysis and Development Section.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Consolidate and maintain of the master files on the Procurement and Inventory System ;
- Prepare training material for the systems on the use of the PIMS and provide training and support for users in the Headquarters and the Field Offices;
- Perform market research in coordination with the Procurement Officers in PLD; review market availability and market trends in order to update specifications of items in the system; review and update specifications as required;
- Research and monitor the UN Global Marketplace (UNGM) website including the screening of the lists of potential vendors who apply for registration and follow up with the Procurement Officers regarding UNRWA vendor registration;
- Monitor the integrity , accuracy , timeliness and safety of all data in the procurement and inventory system database, from error detection to error correction; secludes and perform regular data back-up on-site and off-site;
- Coordinate with Information Systems Division (ISD) for correction of faulty data, installations and connections; act as the focal point for all supply chain management related systems;
- Oversee the master data required for vendor, material, inventory, customer and shipping databases.
Professional Knowledge and Experience
- University degree in Business Administration, or related field and additional training course in Procurement, Inventory Management, and Procurement Database Management;
- Minimum of four years experience in work related to the administration and operation of supply chain management systems, involving sourcing, standardization and procedures;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Ability to operate computer software such as MS Access, Word, Excel;
- Excellent technical English writing skills;
- Ability to work under pressure.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, Field Director for Field Area staff and Director of Human Resources for Headquarters Area staff, in consultation with the concerned supervisor may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
Conditions of Service
This limited duration contract is for 1 year. Monthly basic salary JD 977.20. Other benefits include compulsory medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, and dependency allowance (if applicable).
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile is accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or interview will only be contacted by e-mail. No follow up phone calls will be made.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. First priority will be given to fully qualified staff members; second priority to fully qualified external Palestine refugee applicants. As an Area post, preference will be given to local candidates already based in the duty station of the post.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non- smoking work environment.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
Date of issue: 01 July 2013/TAH
أشهد ان لا اله الا الله .. وأن محمدا رسول الله
الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)