UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is the United Nations agency responsible for the protection, care and human development of a population of some 4.7 million Palestine refugees living in the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, Jordan, Lebanon and the Syrian Arab Republic. UNRWA is committed to assisting Palestine refugees in maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 29,000 staff. Most of these staff is refugees themselves, working directly to benefit their communities - as teachers, doctors, nurse or social workers. UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Project Officer (Health)
Vacancy Announcement Number LDC/11/2013 Contract Status Limited Duration Contract Contract Duration 1 year Duration Grade Band G/S1 Benefits Monthly Salary JD 1,440 & 400 Fils. Other benefits include compulsory medical insurance, annual leave, and dependency allowance (if applicable). Department Health Dept. Duty Station Jordan Field Issue Date 25 June 2013 Deadline for Applications 08 July 2013
Place in the Organisation
The incumbent of this post will provide programme and project-related management support to department through project identification, planning and reporting, working in line with programme staff and as part of the project unit team with the Jordan Field Office for maximum efficiency.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The overall monitoring of the implementation and reporting of programme and project-related activities in the Health Programme Department at the Jordan Field.
- Support JFO in the development and application of systems of monitoring and evaluating of programme and project-related activities.
- Develop project proposals for presentation to donors.
- Prepare project narrative and financial report for donors.
- Briefing and position papers for management, counterparts, partners and donors.
- Follow up on progress and issues regarding procurement, finance and construction with relevant departments.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationship with management, donor, partners, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders.
- Maintains and provide up-to-date information on projects and programme activities in the field.
- Assist the Health Programme to institutionalize Project Cycle Management Procedures.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- A university degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Developmental Studies, Social Science, Law or other related fields.
- Minimum of Five years of related experience in programme or project Management including monitoring and reporting, and project proposal preparation.
- Working knowledge of project cycle management theory and implementation.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Strong reporting skills in the English Language.
- Demonstrated experience in using planning and budget frameworks.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Proven ability to maintain good professional relations with a variety of stakeholders in different settings.
- Commitment to team work, coaching and monitoring others.
- Awareness and sensitivity of cross cultural settings.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff is expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staffs are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
أشهد ان لا اله الا الله .. وأن محمدا رسول الله
الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)