UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. For its local team, where, UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Administrative Officer B
Vacancy Announcement Number
Deadline for Applications
17 July 2013
HQ Amman, Jordan
The incumbent is responsible to the Head, Administration & Governance Coordination Unit (H/Ad & GCU). In accordance with the Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent will:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Education Department regarding budget and financial issues; coordinate with the Finance Department to process expenditures; establish internal budget database and tracks expenditures and the budget balance; provide a monthly status report on the expenditure balance and rates;
- Manage logistical preparations for Education Department workshops, conferences and meetings, including requesting workshop/meeting venue, organizing transport and accommodation for participants, organizing and following up on timely issuance of required visas for participants, preparing documents as required including photocopying and printing of large documents and organizing translations and recordings;
- Provide support to the Education Department staff regarding residency documents, travel and missions including completion of travel requests, TSA advances and settlements, security clearances, and coordinate with transport, travel and visa offices;
- Develop and manage a filing and archive system for the Education Department, including service contracts, special service agreements and casual labor; maintain confidentiality and ensure records are up to date;
- Assist H/Ad&GCU with the administration aspects of Pertinent Education Governance, including monitoring staff adherence and ensuring conformity with instructions, and maintaining and updating attendance records and the leave system; research regulatory changes and global trends; follow up on accepted best practices;
- Check the UNRWA website, Intranet and other sources regarding new instructions related to the Governance, Administration and Finance sections, and briefly inform the section heads;
- Safeguard assets & maintain inventory records of equipment and furniture and other supplies, follow-up on unserviceable items and raise the required survey reports; raise the required LORs for inventory items and keep track of inventory.
Professional Knowledge and Experience
- A university degree in business administration, management or any other related field;
- At least three years experience in human resources, administration and /or office management;
- Very good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Ability to work in a team;
- Good computer skills, using MS applications;
- Intermediate knowledge in report writing;
- Budgetary, typing and filing skills;
- Very good written and spoken communication skills;
- Good creative thinking skills;
- Ability to take initiative.
- Knowledge of the Agency's regulations, rules and other administrative issues;
- Prior experience with UN Organizations.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, Field Director for Field Area staff and Director of Human Resources for Headquarters Area staff, in consultation with the concerned supervisor may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
Conditions of Service
The fixed term appointment is for 3 years including 1 year probation period. Monthly basic salary JD 773.50 .Other benefits include monthly Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency), compulsory medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, and dependency allowance (if applicable).
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile is accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or interview will only be contacted by e-mail. No follow up phone calls will be made.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. First priority will be given to fully qualified staff members; second priority to fully qualified external Palestine refugee applicants. As an Area post, preference will be given to local candidates already based in the duty station of the post.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non- smoking work environment.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
Date of issue: 04 July 2013/TAH
أشهد ان لا اله الا الله .. وأن محمدا رسول الله
عضو في أكاديمية ماركا التعليمية
الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)