UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. For its local team, UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Candidates having previously applied need not to re-apply
Vacancy Announcement Number 13-AR-AM-47 Grade Limited Duration Contract (1 year) Deadline for Applications 23 July 2013 Duty Station HQ Amman, Jordan
The incumbent of this post reports to the Head, Design Unit. In accordance with the Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent will:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare, structural designs including framing plans, calculations and detailing for the HQ based Design Unit's project based on the agency's needs and local and international codes of practice and standards;
· Co-ordinate the computer aided preparations of structural detailed working drawings of the agency's construction projects for Lebanon , Syria and Jordan;
· Make recommendations on structural design policy to be applied in the construction projects as necessary;
· Evaluate soundness and keep track records of structural designs carried out by Design Unit – HQ(A) through field visits to construction projects in Syria , Lebanon and Jordan;
· Provide structural technical information need for contracts proposals, special service agreements and Service Contracts required in the Unit;
· Keep abreast of the latest development of new materials and methods and their impact on design and construction.
Professional Knowledge and Experience
· A university degree in structural or design engineer from an accredited educational institution ;
· Knowledge of international Codes of practice;
· At least six years' experience in the application of the knowledge required in a structural design office, including at least two years site experience in building structural design office and two years of site experience in building projects;
· Experience with structural design software and computer aided design.
· Creativity and the ability to take initiative;
· Continuous updating of his/her knowledge in methods of construction and material in the Middle East;
· Continuous ability to work independently on multiple tasks, establish prioritize and meet multiple deadlines;
· Leadership skills;
· Ability to work under pressure.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, Field Director for Field Area staff and Director of Human Resources for Headquarters Area staff, in consultation with the concerned supervisor may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
Conditions of Service
This limited duration contract is for I year. Monthly basic salary JD 1440.40. Other benefits include compulsory medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, and dependency allowance (if applicable).
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile is accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or interview will only be contacted by e-mail. No follow up phone calls will be made.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. First priority will be given to fully qualified staff members; second priority to fully qualified external Palestine refugee applicants. As an Area post, preference will be given to local candidates already based in the duty station of the post.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non- smoking work environment.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
Date of issue: 10 July 2013/TAH
أشهد ان لا اله الا الله .. وأن محمدا رسول الله
الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)