UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. For its local team, where, UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Vacancy Announcement Number 13-AR-AM-50 Grade 10 Deadline for Applications 31 July 2013 Duty Station HQ Amman, Jordan
The incumbent is responsible to the Accounting Control Officer or Budget Officer. In accordance with Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Certify the availability of funds and raises the necessary Hard Commitments (HCs) and Soft Commitments (SCs) in the Budget module;
- Compile and analyze budget statistics and other related financial information as required;
- Prepare and maintain records of VAT claims to local authorities and submit monthly reports thereof using Financial Management System (FMS)/ Procurement Inventory Management System (PIMS) procedures; follow-up on VAT refund and raise necessary actions to clear pending claims against governments;
- Update the fixed Assets Module records of UNRWA’s assets and process necessary actions in general ledger to account for newly acquired, transferred and surveyed equipment;
- Edit supply documentation including List of Requirements (LORs), List of Requirement Consolidated (LRC) and Purchase Orders (POs) and raise necessary obligations in the PIMS;
- Enter, verify and retrieve budgetary data in the Budget module and supports Administrative Officers in how to add Budget Estimate Sheets (BESs) into Budget module and to provide them with necessary support;
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation report; perform cash counts in all locations and take necessary corrective action as required;
- Enter, verify and retrieve accounting data in the new finance system;
- Maintain the field accounting vouchers and act as custodian and ensure that all vouchers are filed serially;
- Draft correspondence related to his/her functions.
Professional Knowledge and Experience
- Two years diploma from an accredited educational institution in accountancy, finance or related discipline;
- Four to five years’ experience in accounting, bookkeeping and financial matters;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Ability to use computers and work on various Microsoft Applications such as Excel & Word;
- Ability to take initiative and maintain cordial relationships with all concerned;
- Ability to cope with multiple tasks effectively;
- Excellent communication skills.
- A university degree in Accountancy or Business Administration;
- Association of Accounting Technician (AAT) proficiency at foundation level or any other professional qualification;
- Working experience with UNRWA Financial Management System (FMS) or other computerized finance system.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, Field Director for Field Area staff and Director of Human Resources for Headquarters Area staff, in consultation with the concerned supervisor may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
Conditions of Service
The fixed term appointment is for 3 years including 1 year probation period. Monthly basic salary JD 598.30. Other benefits include monthly Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency), compulsory medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, and dependency allowance (if applicable).
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile is accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or interview will only be contacted by e-mail. No follow up phone calls will be made.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. First priority will be given to fully qualified staff members; second priority to fully qualified external Palestine refugee applicants. As an Area post, preference will be given to local candidates already based in the duty station of the post.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non- smoking work environment.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
Date of issue: 18 July 2013/TAH
أشهد ان لا اله الا الله .. وأن محمدا رسول الله
الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)