UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. For its local team, where, UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Investment Analysis Officer
Vacancy Announcement Number 13-AR-AM-51 Grade 17 Deadline for Applications 05 August 2013 Duty Station HQ Amman, Jordan
Under the overall guidance of the Chief, Provident Fund Secretariat, the incumbent will carry out analysis and evaluation of the investment strategy and performance of the External Fund Managers of the Provident Fund. In accordance with the Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent will:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the supervisor in analyzing the investment strategy, portfolio characteristics, risk parameters and performance of the assigned External Fund Managers against agreed objectives, guidelines and benchmarks, identifying implications for the future investment strategy;
- Relate the developments in Provident Fund performance to the developments in the financial markets and economics, using information from a wide range of sources;
- Liaise closely with the Provident Fund Performance Evaluator on received performance data and reports and explore how to meet new requirements for analysis;
- Carry out researches on the new investment opportunities and assist in conducting due diligence on the potential External Fund Manager;
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, develop and maintain relationships with the Fund Managers; improve the guidelines for performance reporting by the Fund Managers;
- In coordination with the supervisor prepares summaries and schedules for distribution at Provident Fund Committee (PFC) and Investment Analysis Committee (IAC) meetings;
- Prepare analysis, correspondence, periodical and ad hoc reports related to the above functions; maintain complete and adequate working papers;
- Maintain and update the PF database of the performance and risk measures of the current and potential fund managers;
- Examine the performance attribution analysis of the Fund Managers; identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and recommend improvements to the current attribution systems.
Professional Knowledge and Experience
- Advanced university degree from an accredited educational institution in business administration, banking/investment or other related subject;
- At least seven years of progressively responsible experience in investment and performance analysis activity in a large governmental, international or commercial organization;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to take initiative and maintain constructive relationships with all concern;
- Ability to cope with multiple tasks effectively;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Demonstrated management skills in a multi-cultural environment;
- Proficiency in standard Agency computer applications.
- Membership of internationally recognized professional institution specially CFA or CPA.
- The incumbent may be requested to travel in and outside the areas of operations.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, Field Director for Field Area staff and Director of Human Resources for Headquarters Area staff, in consultation with the concerned supervisor may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
Conditions of Service
The fixed term appointment is for 3 years including 1 year probation period. Monthly basic salary JD 1028.90 plus Special Occupation Allowance of 17.04 % from the basic salary Other benefits include monthly Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency), compulsory medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, and dependency allowance (if applicable).
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile is accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or interview will only be contacted by e-mail. No follow up phone calls will be made.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. First priority will be given to fully qualified staff members; second priority to fully qualified external Palestine refugee applicants. As an Area post, preference will be given to local candidates already based in the duty station of the post.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non- smoking work environment.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
Date of issue: 23 July 2013/TAH
أشهد ان لا اله الا الله .. وأن محمدا رسول الله
الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)