UNRWA is the United Nations agency responsible for the protection, care and human development of a population of some 4.7 million Palestine refugees living in the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, Jordan, Lebanon and the Syrian Arab Republic. UNRWA is committed to assisting Palestine refugees in maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 29,000 staff. Most of these staff is refugees themselves, working directly to benefit their communities - as teachers, doctors, nurse or social workers. UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:Secretary A @ Microfinance Department
Place in the OrganisationThe incumbent of this post is directly responsible to the Field Department Head or HQ Division’s Chief/s to whom assigned.Primary Duties and Responsibilities In accordance with established policies and procedures, the incumbent:
Vacancy Announcement Number MD/05/2013 Contract Status Fixed Term Appointment with one year probation Contract Duration 1 year Contract (extendable) Grade 10 Benefits Monthly Salary JD 598.300.Other benefits include Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency), medical insurance and 30 days of annual leave. Dependency benefits are subject to eligibility. Department Microfinance Duty Station National Office Issue Date 28 July 2013 Deadline for Applications 10 Aug 2013
- Performs typing and MS Office duties using the appropriate computer software;
- Receives and sorts incoming mail; ensures supervisor/s is aware of items of special interest; locates and attaches referenced background material; distributes to staff members as appropriate; makes photocopies of material required; classifies and files documents including confidential material and dispatches mail;
- Carries out routine actions requiring the gathering and compiling of files and other information; contacts other organisations, departments and units to obtain or co-ordinate material or information as and when required;
- Maintains and updates a computerized system (consolidated list of documents on shared drive) of all incoming and outgoing documents and information and its follow-up status with internal staff;
- Monitors annual and short-term requirements for office supplies; collects information on office needs; prepares orders and keeps track of such requirements for budget preparation and monitoring purposes, where appropriate;
- Monitors the schedule/s of supervisor/s and arranges for meetings and appointments; screens visitors and telephone calls for supervisor/s; brings forward matters to the attention of supervisor/s including deadlines and pending matters and handles routine correspondence, as required;
- Arranges for and may attend meetings as requested; may prepare summaries of such meetings upon instruction of supervisor/s and undertakes resulting follow-up action;
- Performs such other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications(A) Academic and Professional
- Completion of full secondary education;
- Completion of a post-secondary secretarial course of at least one year’s duration;
- MS Office applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and Paradox.
- Five years of experience in secretarial work, of which two are at grade 09 for internal applicants;
- Applications from holders of university degree in business administration with two years of experience will be accepted.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
(D) Competencies · Basic drafting skills in English;· Good organizing skills;· Interpersonal skills;· Confidentiality;· Knowledge of protocol norms.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of UNRWA Staff Rules and Regulations.
EquivalencyWhen the minimum requirements are not fully met, the Director of UNRWA Operations may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.How to ApplyApplicants are required to register at بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.General InformationUNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities. This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. First priority will be given to fully qualified staff members; second priority to fully qualified external Palestine refugee applicants. An internal candidate with a temporary-indefinite or fixed-term appointment selected for this post will retain his/her current contractual status and entitlements in accordance with current letter of appointment and applicable Area Staff Rules. UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff is expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staffs are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs.The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
أشهد ان لا اله الا الله .. وأن محمدا رسول الله
الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)