UNRWA is the United Nations agency responsible for the protection, care and human development of a population of some 4.7 million Palestine refugees living in the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, Jordan, Lebanon and the Syrian Arab Republic. UNRWA is committed to assisting Palestine refugees in maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 29,000 staff. Most of these staff is refugees themselves, working directly to benefit their communities - as teachers, doctors, nurse or social workers. UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Associate Human Resources Officer (Recruitment)
Vacancy Announcement Number JF/45/2013 Contract Status Fixed Term Appointment Contract Duration 3 years including 1 year of probation Grade 13 Benefits Monthly Salary JD 773 & 500 Fils. Other benefits include Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency), medical insurance and annual leave. Dependency benefits are subject to eligibility. Department Human Resources Duty Station Recruitment Issue Date 13 August 2013 Deadline for Applications 26 August 2013
Place in the Organisation
The incumbent of this post is responsible to the Recruitment Officer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Participates in the recruitment process for Area staff including teaching staff and laborers; participates in interview boards as required; maintains and monitors “daily paid workers” rosters within the field;
· Screens applications against established criteria and raises discrepancies with the concerned department and advises the Recruitment Officer and/or Human Resources Career Management Officer accordingly;
· Prepares vacancy advertisements and ensures compliance with post descriptions and production of effective material for advertisement; coordinates preparation and administration of technical tests and interviews;
· Assists the Recruitment Officer in coordinating with hiring managers on recruitment plans, ensuring that concerned parties agree on timelines and that recruitments are carried out within the overall recruitment plan;
· Prepares and updates the recruitment reports and rosters on a regular basis to include planned tests and interviews, establishment of incumbent profiles, analyses of statistical information and establishment of shortlists;
· Contacts applicants and candidates, responds to queries, and arranges appointments for interview boards and tests;
· Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
· A university degree in human resources management, public or business administration or any other related field.
· At least three years of experience in human resources management or personnel administration; experience in recruitment is preferred.
· Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
· Proven analytical skills, ability to identify needs;
· Ability to implement various recruitment programmes;
· High ethical standards;
· Ability to establish priorities, coordinate and monitor own work.
Formal training in human resources management and recruitment.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the Director of UNRWA Operations may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. First priority will be given to fully qualified staff members; second priority to fully qualified external Palestine refugee applicants. An internal candidate with a temporary-indefinite or fixed-term appointment selected for this post will retain his/her current contractual status and entitlements in accordance with current letter of appointment and applicable Area Staff Rules.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff is expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staffs are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
أشهد ان لا اله الا الله .. وأن محمدا رسول الله
الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)