UNRWA is the United Nations agency responsible for the protection, care and human development of a population of some 4.7 million Palestine refugees living in the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, Jordan, Lebanon and the Syrian Arab Republic. UNRWA is committed to assisting Palestine refugees in maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 29,000 staff. Most of these staff is refugees themselves, working directly to benefit their communities - as teachers, doctors, nurse or social workers. UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
IS Help Desk Assistant
Vacancy Announcement Number LDC/13/2013 Contract Status Limited Duration Contract (LDC) Contract Duration One Year Duration Grade LDC Benefits Band E/S1 Gross Monthly Salary JD 816.500 fills Department Operational Technical Services Duty Station Jordan Field Office Issue Date 18 August 2013 Deadline for Applications 31 August 2013
Place in the Organisation
Report to Field Information Systems Officer or HQ unit head to which assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures:
· Acts as member of the Help Desk services team and provides first line services to all users of PCs, including identification and resolution of PC operational problems, access to data and computer resources, utilization of standard software packages and access and utilization of core Agency applications.
· Maintains logs on Help Desk services at location.
· Monitors the operation and performance of end-user computer hardware and software, analyses and resolves problems.
· Provides formal and on-the job training on the use of computer equipment and standard software packages,
· Maintains an up-to-date inventory of installed computer hardware, software, supplies and accessories.
· Ensures proper installation and update of Anti-Virus software on all PC equipment and conduct routine cheek to ensure a virus free computing environment.
· Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
N.B.: - Five working days every week including Saturday based on ISO Scheduals.
- Valid Driving License.
· A university degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
· Technical training in end-user computer hardware and software installation and maintenance.
· Three years experience in computer help desk services related support.
· Experience and knowledge of end-user computer technology, pc hardware and software products and latest Microsoft PC software products.
· Working knowledge of English and Arabic.
· Experience with Microsoft LAN and E-Mail technology
· Good communications skills, customer service and care related skills.
· Experience or knowledge of UNRWA’s operations and computer facilities environment.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through بعد التسجيل عليك الرد بكلمة شكرا وعمل refresh للصفحة لرؤية المحتوى في المشاركة الاولى will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal & external candidates.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff is expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staffs are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
أشهد ان لا اله الا الله .. وأن محمدا رسول الله
الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)