Woman Programme Officer
Vacancy Announcement Number JF/01/2012 Contract Status Fixed Term Appointment Contract Duration 3 years including 1 year of probation Grade 13 Benefits Monthly Salary JD 669 & 500 Fils. Other benefits include Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency). Department Relief & Social Services. Duty Station All Areas Issue Date 17 Jan. 2012 Deadline for Applications 31 Jan. 2012
Place in the Organisation
Is responsible to Field Social Services Officer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinates the planning and implementation of programmes for the Women's Programme;
- Participates in surveys to build up a local data base on women and women's centers, local NGOs which work with women;
- Maintains close contact & cooperation with Disability Programme Officer and Community Development Officer and provides assistance and support to develop the community participation.
- Provides technical supervision and guidance to social workers (Community Development) assigned to women's programme;
- Organizes and conducts training courses, and workshops for the staff of Women's Programme and Women's Programe administration committees and the members of the centers;
- Maintains close contact and cooperation with local and international NGOs involved in women's programmes, Ministries and other international NGOs which provide assistance for women;
- Encourages community participation, through local committees and potential volunteers;
- Assists in empowering women's grassroots through organizing social and gender awareness;
- Provides support, assistance and guidance to women's programme centers, and other centers, in dealing with children and women, in planning, implementation and supervision of their programmes;
- Works towards building Network with the other NGOs to strengthen and empower women and raise the women's issues in the community;
- Works with women towards self-reliance through self-support and income-generation activities;
- Drafts the budget for the Women's Programme and controls expenditures thereunder in coordination with the Field Social Services Officer;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- A university degree in social studies, administration, or any related university degree.
- Five years practical and gradually more responsible experience in social work for women, community organization and development or other areas of developmental social welfare with a local or international organization;
- Fluency in English and Arabic;
How to Apply
- Post-graduate degree in gender issues, social work, sociology or community development;
- Experience in working with women's disabled and youth programmes;
- Experience in training;
Applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
الحمـــــــــــــــــــــد لله رب العالمــــــــــــــــين
من جد وجد ....... ومن سار على الدرب وصل
جزاكم الله خيرا
عضو في أكاديمية ماركا التعليمية
بارك الله بكم
عضو في أكاديمية ماركا التعليمية
الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)