Chief Field Education Programme
Vacancy Announcement Number JF/03/2012 Contract Status Fixed Term Appointment Contract Duration 3 years including 1 year of probation
Grade 20 Benefits Monthly Salary JD 1245 & 200 Fils. Plus SOA 89.32 % of basic salary. Other benefits include Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency). Department Education Duty Station JFO Issue Date 17 Jan. 2012 Deadline for Applications 31 Jan. 2012
Place in the Organisation
The incumbent is responsible administratively to the Field Office Director via the Deputy Director for Programmes and technically to the Director of Education, HQ (Amman).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers the Agency’s approved Education Programme;
- Supervises the Field Education Programme in school education, in-service teacher training and university scholarships programme;
- Advises and assists the Field Office Director and, through him/her, the Director of Education in all matters related to Education Programme;
- Ensures that all Educational Technical Instructions (ETIs) issued by the Education Department are duly applied in the Field; ensures the effective implementation of UN policies and principles that prohibit violence and discrimination;
- Supervises the preparation of the Field Biennium Budget and Field Biennial Work Plan;
- Provides technical supervision for all Education staff;
- Supervises and maintains school development through effective implementation of the Agency’s quality assurance system;
- Supervises and monitors the implementation of conflict resolution violence and human rights activities at Field level;
- Ensures that class formations are prepared according to the norms established by the Agency;
- Supervises planning and implementation of all Education projects;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- Advanced university degree preferably Ph.D from an accredited university in educational management/planning, or any advanced degree in any subject taught at UNRWA schools, plus a post – graduate diploma in education.
- At least ten years of professional teaching experience including at least five years at the senior managerial level in educational institutions.
- Knowledge of reforms in Education in the Host Authority as well as reform experiences at the international level;Language
Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Demonstrated organizational, supervisory and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to present information and data in a clear and instructive manner;
- Creativity and ability to take initiative;
- Excellent counseling skills and ability to work with female and male subordinates;
- Sound judgment on importance/priority/confidentiality of issues;
- Ability to work under pressure.EQUIVALENCY
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the Director of Human Resources, in consultation with the Director of Education, may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
. How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
الحمـــــــــــــــــــــد لله رب العالمــــــــــــــــين
من جد وجد ....... ومن سار على الدرب وصل
جزاكم الله خيرا
عضو في أكاديمية ماركا التعليمية
بارك الله بكم
عضو في أكاديمية ماركا التعليمية
الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)